Friday, July 18, 2008

The Dark Knight

So, I saw the new Batman movie tonight. I enjoyed it a lot and I'm sure you will, too. I don't like how much hype it was getting beforehand, though. It makes it really difficult to live up to the hype in my mind. Anyways, in these movies, it's usually the villain that steals the show... like The Joker did in The Dark Knight. Since our house is pretty much full of show-stealers, I'd like to compare the roommates with their popular super-villain counterpart.
  • Brian: The Joker
    This seems like a no-brainer to me. Brian is the mastermind of all pranks, you never really know what his motives are, and he's always pulling off his smirky smile. Plus, they both have unusually bright hair.
  • Falk: Doctor Octopus
    Falk is smart enough to be considered a doctor in my book... I mean, isn't a cpa the same thing as a phd? Plus, you can find Chris working out at the gym so much that he probably has developed the strength of six arms.
  • Theresa: Poison Ivy
    Theresa, like Poison Ivy, is in touch with the plants and the environment. Poison Ivy develops dangerous toxins while Theresa can brew a mean tea. But, don't let her pretty exterior fool you, her seductive ways will lure you in and then take you out. Be careful, gentlemen, this one is up to no good.
  • Gavin: Bizarro
    Bizarro was the opposite of Superman. Gavin does pretty much the opposite of everyone else. Gavin walks when we drive, he sleeps when we all do work, he refuses to eat at a chain restaurant when we just want Applebees... we don't understand him, but that's what we like about him.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

First of all, saw the movie tonight and loved it. Totally passed my expectations as it lacked corny moments as is the case in most every other comic book movie.

On a different, non villain theme...I'd say Clint is our house's super hero. We won't waste time with Superman or Spiderman (already owned by a fellow MBAer), rather, Clint's character is a no brainer. "THE FLASH" comes and goes without anybody noticing. Clint's consistent arrival/departure from bars routine has this character locked up.